Friday 19 April 2013

(GUIDE): how to unbrick hardbricked micromax a110 "Hard Bricking" & "Resurrecting" the A110 made easy-

Well I finally managed to Hard Brick my A110 a few days back. I was thinking that everything was lost and my A110 was as good as a brick! But I struggled with it for two days and finally managed to bring it back to life! This is how I hard bricked it, but resurrected it too....

Hard brick:
The hard brick happens when you flash a non A110 stock ROM through SP flash. This happens when you get overconfident during ROM development experiments and forget the basic fact that flashing the "pre-loader" accidentally of any other ROM( (even if it is of MT6577) that is different from A110 leads to the phone going dead. The charge LED dies, and the phone is totally in alien land when the PC sees it through the USB cable  You cannot flash anything through the SP flash any more. The phone will not power on or boot. Welcome to the land of bricked phones!

Resurrection:

1) First perform an uninstall of the MMX/Mobistel drivers you already have on 
your P.C. Install the drivers again. 
2) Take a piece of insulated wire (Around 3 cms long) and solder a 10K resistor 
to one end. To the other end solder a pin to the pin head so that the tip is 
free.
3) Remove your phone battery and keep the phone ready.
4) On the PC/Laptop, start SP flash tool and select the right scatter from the factory stock A110 ROM. un-tick all except the first five (Preloader, DSP_BL, MBR, EBR1, UBOOT) + CWM recovery (You should have replaced default recovery with CWM recovery in the ROM folder). Click "Firmware-upgrade, Download.
5) With battery taken off from your phone connect it to the PC/Lap using the USB cable.
6) Now touch the resistor end to the USB Cable outer part (GND) visible at the point of USB connector connected to the phone.
7) Touch the other part (pin end) to all visible copper terminals one by one.
8) Now without removing the cable, place the battery back.
9) Now keep your fingers crossed. If you have luck, you will see the red, blue, green and finally yellow lines on the SP tool window. You are done!!!
10) If your battery was having good charge when you were bricked, you can now power on to recovery mode and flash your CWM saved ROM or any other ROM.
11) If your battery was low, when you were bricked, leave it to charge for an hour before attempting to flash the entire stock ROM through SP flash or CWM.

Cheers!!!

26 comments:

  1. i had hard brick once, i tried doing it on through a guide base on micromax a116 and i had succeed, greatfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but it doesn't always work actually dis post was drafted long ago i habbe posted today

      Delete
    2. plz help me wt my canvas hd a 116..

      Delete
    3. plz rly canvas hd link...........eagerly waiting...
      thanks in advance

      Delete
  2. from where i can find micromax a100 scatter file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro micromax a100 has qulcom processor and it doesn't has scatter file and u cant use this to unbrick that

      Delete
  3. hi nikhil
    i am a first timer in rooting, i did go through the procedure and rooted the phone Micromax A-52, all i wanted to do was to remove preinstalled apps : mibuddy, toi.... I did this through tritium app , i did backup first, when in doing so the phone hanged, Removed battery and restarted it only the logo "superphone Aisha" comes and remains on, have I bricked it , can I recover it??
    please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had already rooted my a110 but when i was flashing cynus T2 rom the process was unsuccessful and my cell is not startingup
    i think my cell is bricked
    isnt it????
    plzzz suggest me what to do plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK just flash the cynust2 rom make sure clear data,cache,dalvic cache and fix permissions

      Delete
  5. i hav bricked my canvas hd . while upgrading to 4.2.. i don hav any backup and ma cwm backup also lost.. plz help me to gey back my cell..

    ReplyDelete
  6. please post step by step photo guide.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bro,I just format my a110 using flash tool..
    and after that when i am trying to download rom using flash tool..my phone is not detected..
    my phone is bricked..dead not even showing charging and charge light...
    what can i do...pleas help me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey every one 2 days back i was able to flash lewa os rom on my canvas 2 .. when i found this updater in apps i downloaded the update of that rom i think it is called O.T.A.. i went to recovery mode and flashed it ..i flashed that update with out enabling usb debugging ..
    NOW I BRICKED MY PHONE all i am able to see is a boot logo all the time like it restarts and shows that boot logo i am unable to boot into recovery or factory mode.. i have been trying to unbrick it for hours and days as its the only phone i have .. please help me out of this cant install the drivers or my pc wont recognize the phone it ends up unable to install usb .. am really worried i cant buy an other phone please any one help me out of this .... i want to solve it solve it asap as i have no other phone to use please .. I CAN'T ENTER DOWNLOAD OR RECOVERY MODE OR ANY OF IT WHEN I TRY TO ENTER RECOVERY MODE WHAT IT DOSE IS JUST RESTARTS AND SHOWS THE LOGO AGAIN AND AGAIN... PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi guys
    i am desperately searching for solution to bricked mmx canvas 4, rooted, while changing rom , used format in sp tool, ...the phoned bricked , downloaded stock rom the above seems a little diff. but will try it if it would work....please help

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had HARD BRICKED my micromax a65 while flashing rom now I am in big trouble please tell me solution for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi..i got my canvas gold hard bricked..in the above solution battery should be removed..bt in my phone battery is not removable..what to do now..plz help

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey bro thnx for the guide....... well can this guide work for canvas 4??Any way can I talk to you in person?? thnx in advance (my mail: sainikshipthmaddhugaru@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey my mmx canvas2(a110) is does not start. i tried to install samsung rom in it after that it was not power on, please hlp me guyzz.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmx a290 download flash 0% remane no yellow bar move

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do me a favor, gimme ur address i'll parcel my dead bricked canvas 4. just flash as per ur guide and return me back with the cost incurred

    ReplyDelete